Thursday, July 23, 2009

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince


Year: 2009

Genre: Fantasy

Starring: Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Michael Gambon

Dave - 3.5 Stars - On it's own, away from the book I would give this a 4, but if you throw in all the plot that they left out, and the lack luster ending in comparison we fall down to a 3.5. I understand why there are so many people up in arms, because it did not do the book justice or build the suspense to Book 7 enough. Visually awesome, great casting for Slughorn and a good movie, but could have been so much more.

Lexie - 3.5 Stars - Even though I'm without the bias of having read all of the Harry Potter books, I was not as impressed with this movie as I have been with the others. While I thought the development of the students' relationships was fun and entertaining, I didn't feel as excited for the next movie in the series as I have in the past. One of the most important aspects of the previous movies, is that after watching one, you can't wait to watch the next one. I enjoyed the intensity and darkness of this film, but what I kept thinking was how I hope that the next film will bring more details together than this one did.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0417741/

No comments:

Post a Comment