
Year: 1960
Genre: Drama
Starring: Laurence Olivier, Joan Plowright, Roger Livesay
Dave - 2.5 Stars - I would normally go a 2 but Laurence Olivier was pretty impressive with his ability to cover the spectrum of emotions throughout the movie. Story never really got anywhere, it was just a story of a guy who was down on his luck to start and just kept digging deeper. It would be a good PSA to people that were really worried about talking their kids out of being in entertainment or being with someone in the field because they are normally not very aware or concerned with the feelings and emotions of the people around them.
Lexie - 3 Stars - While I think the story of this movie was strong, something got lost in the adaptation from stage to screen. I had a hard time connecting with any of the characters long enough to feel sympathetic, even though the story is quite sad from start to finish. I think it also failed to tie some of the main plot points together, and by the end I didn't feel as moved as I think I was supposed to be. This is a movie worth watching for the "classic" style and the characters of Archie and Billy Rice who I found to be quite viable despite some moments where I was lost.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0053796/
No comments:
Post a Comment